Chocolate Crinkles Cookies

So, as New Year is approaching fast, and remembering when my husband was living in the Philippines with us for almost 5-years, he used to loved buying this cookies from a local bakery because he loves it so much, I decided to make this cookies myself. So, as a Filipino myself we have had a very fun and traditional ways of celebrating New Years. Like, collecting 13-pieces of round fruits. I don't know exactly the explanation for it but who cares we just followed what we are taught. Asides from the fruits thing, we also believe to have prepares sweets for a prosperous full of sweet and good times for the coming whole year. So, from my emigrating in Quebec, Canada 2-years ago, I had learned so much things here,like first learning on bicycling, first time on driving, and FIRST TIME learning on BAKING, basically first time on a lot of things. I remember my very first time on baking during my job training of HomeCare Course last April of 2017 in a Private retirement homes, I was so nervous and antsy. From getting a stable career and being a mother and wife all at once was hard and totally forgotten my blog writing. As a matter of fact I just got back rolling the dice as winter is here and being lazy going outside in a -10 degrees celsius with no snow so its extra cold. Don't get me wrong, I love the winter and the snowfall on my head for the three winter season since I arrived here on September of 2016. So, now I am sharing to you the first time of me making the Chocolate crinkles cookies.

Here are the list of Ingredients and followed with the procedures.

Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 20mins
Chilling time: Overnight or as fast as 4hrs
Yield: Makes approximately 50 cookies(or depending on your preference)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs 
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
PROCEDURE:

1. In a bowl, using an electric mixer or spoon, beat together cocoa powder, white sugar and vegetable oil until it comes together into shiny,black dough of sorts.

2. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing for 30-seconds each, add vanilla and beat thoroughly.

3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour,baking powder,salt.

4. Beat dry ingredients into cocoa oil mixture: Mix chocolate mixture on low speed until just combined. Do not over-beat.

5. Cover and Chill: Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill overnight. And or if in a rush, chill for 4-hours.

6. Get ready for baking, Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or oil cookie sheets. Place powdered sugar in a wide bowl.

7. Using a rounded teaspoon, scoop out clumps of the chilled dough and roll them into 1-inch(2.5cm) sized balls using your hands. Drop them into the powdered sugar as you go. The dough will be quite sticky, so it's useful to roll the dough in batches. (Just roll as much as your powdered sugar can accommodate as you don't want them to stick to each other.) Place on the cookie sheet spaced a few inches apart. Depending on how big is your oven or cookie sheets, you should be able to get 12-16 on each sheet.

8. Bake at 350 F for 10-13 mins . Allow to cool a minute or two on the sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with any remaining batter.

9. Store these cookies in an airtight container on the counter.


Reminder: Set your baking timer 3-5 mins earlier upon checking as other oven works or heats faster than others. #HappyBaking and #HappyNewYear2019.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huawei p10 Lite

Top 10 things to do at Camiguin

Do-it-yourself (DiY) Floating floors installation