TRAVEL: Mythical Oh! Siquijor.

Well as a child growing up in a remote province in Cebu,Philippines. I heard all about spooky stories from elders. Like ghost,witches,vudu-from a neighbouring baranggays. The most funny one was the  one in Siquijor, an island belong to Central Visayas,northwest is Bohol and Cebu,northeast is Bohol and to the south,across the Bohol Sea, is the island of Mindanao. The stories I've heard was stopping me for exploring to this beautiful island.
Infinity pool at (Siquijor,Siquijor)2014.
   Lugnason Falls(San Juan, Siquijor)2014
  
But then,year 2014 my husband's friend came visit us to met me and our son. They then plan to go for a travel around closeby Islands in Cebu. My husband told me that he chose to brought our friend at Siquijor, of course when I heard it, I (freaked out). I was so against his plan, I don't want him get to drink love potion and totally forgot about his family(me and our son). He laughed at me, he thought I am so silly. Of course their trip came and end up calling me after they got to their accommodation because it was way too romantic. My husband want us to follow them there and without hesitation, I packed my bag, grabbed my son and get ready for our flight from Cebu-Dumaguete. Dumaguete-Siquijor(by boat). I was scared but I need to be there with my husband. When, we got there I was shocked, people are friendly and accommodating and just easy to get along with. We stayed there for like 3days and 2nights, on our short stay we mostly tour around the island in just one day. Yes, Siquijor is really small island, contains of only six(6) municipalities and 134-Baranggays. 
     Cambugahay falls(Lazi,Siquijor)2014

     Salagdong beach( Maria,Siquijor)2015

The best thing about Siquijor is that, less population,beautiful scenery, friendly locals, Best place to live if you want to be in an island that you can almost have it all. Last February 2015 after one year of my first visit, my husband and I made our second trip in there, this time we were with my husband's brother to again enjoy the ride of a scooter and feeling the fresh air on our face. 

My husband and I already plan our place to live on our retirement days.

We will choose Siquijor
#ChoosePhilippines. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huawei p10 Lite

Top 10 things to do at Camiguin

Do-it-yourself (DiY) Floating floors installation