Single Parenting

    Being a single parent is probably the toughest, hardest job and most terrifying one. It is not easy to raise a single child,how much more raising more than one? and also a career woman at the same time. Most especially abroad. 

    I am no single parent, BUT my Mama Virgie and Mom in law are. Mama Virgie raised a total of six(6)children since she married my widower father on year 1994. We are so poor,we live thru farming and selling whatever we have at the farm. I myself carried a 15/20klgs of corn mill of at least 500meters(I was at least 11-12years old).Before my father died, he was working at the city as a construction worker,so that left Mama Virgie single parent already since my Dad only came home every weekends(Sat-Sunday). We cannot really rely on farming since sometimes,we won't have enough harvest for a selling and or cash from the farm since the farm we are working were Mama Virgie's parents. I have four brothers, when they were teenagers at least the two of my older brothers went wild,hard-headed after the death of our father year 2000. They are not helping and not listening to Mama Virgie, in short they went raging and blaming the world why do we have to experience being parent-less.(Biologically) we felt or they felt left alone, they forgot to remember that Mama virgie is always there,still willing to accept us despite being a widow and logically speaking she really doesn't have to. 

    Despite my brothers losing respect to  her she still hopes that eventually they will realize that we are still lucky to have her. She always encourage us,tell us that we should help each other to live. I couldn't even imagine the day when my father died, of how broken Mama Virgie were,she felt that the world dropped over her and she's having hard time to catch, and losing balance of how to take care on all of us,regardless that she became a widow,she did not re-married, because she was scared that we(my siblings)will be maltreated by her new husband. She still chooses to take care of us and love us the way she knows.  Remembering those times and writing this just makes me cry. 
     She is the real example of a selfless Mother you could ever ask for. I can't thank her enough for doing such a great job of parenting us the sacrifices she's done for all of us,and I couldn't even imagine if i will grew up as a fine,discipline individual I have become today. 
     She is also very supportive of me/us until now, when I got married,most people raised their brows,my husband is white,and Filipino thinks that if you have white-husband you have million dollars above your head,my husband is an exception, I told Mama Virgie that my husband has no rich,nor a lot of money,but he loves me,he has a kind heart, and then she answered me with, that's not important, whats more important was that, he loves you, adores you and that will take care of you when you gets old, he's kind heart is more than enough. Thinking those times always gives me teary eyes. 
   My siblings and I probably unfortunately for losing our parents at a very young age but God has been so good to us,he gave us Mama Virgie,who is still standing there and being our Mom and Dad at the same time. 
   
    And so is my Mom in law as well is the one of a kind single mother I know/met. She has two boys(young ones)when she became a single parent. When, i learned about her story, it really touches my heart. I couldn't imagine myself being her. My husband is the younger child,his parents were separated since he was 10months old. After that, my mom in law were raising them both(2boys) alone,while also working full time. I can't believe of how strong she is,she definitely made her children as her full strength. 
    Learning that she is a mother of two and a career woman at the same blows my mind, she still managed to raise her boys into a very fine men, they were both kind hearted person,amazing individual and the most amazing I've learn was that they love each other so much as a Family of three. 
    Now, i am full of guilt towards my Mom in law,I know how much she misses her sons,most especially my husband has been away from her for three long years,i felt responsible of keeping my husband in the Philippines because of my stupid spousal visa applications takes forever to get. 
    I am very lucky to have become her daughter in law,i know that i am surrounded with loving in laws, understanding family and accepted me into their lives with full of love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Huawei p10 Lite

Top 10 things to do at Camiguin

Do-it-yourself (DiY) Floating floors installation